I was delighted to check the mail today and find out that my order from Amazon had arrived. Looks like the shipping times here won't be so bad afterall. :) Included in today's order was Joshua Bell's Romance of the Violin, Van Cliburn's Tchaikovsky: Concerto No. 1 & Rachmaninoff: Concerto No. 2, Van Cliburn's Brahm's, and Jordin Sparks. I haven't yet had a chance to listen to the Brahm's CD, but I have enjoyed the rest, especially the Joshua Bell CD. I'm going to have to check into some more of his CD's. :)
Duane took the week off so we could get some errands done, do some re-arranging and try to get some unpacking done. Today was rainy and dreary. While Guam has lots of rainy days, not very often does it have dreary days. I think this is the second maybe in the two weeks we've been here. And even then, it was only the morning and first part of the afternoon. Instead of unpacking, we spent the morning goofing off. We both played our computer games and took care of Arthur and Amethyst. Besides, I needed to listen to those music CD's (gotta make sure they work, right?) and it's hard to do that when one is going back and forth throughout the house. At least for a first listen.
I did finally get to the washer, days ago. For every three boxes I unpack, I end up packing up another box, lol. Mainly because I still can't get to the bookcase or have such reduced storage. I'm going to have to figure out what to do about that. Right now it's that musical chair game, only with boxes. I can finally get into the kitchen somewhat. Enough to make dinner, which is good because I am very sick of eating fast food. I want some veggies! :) I'm hoping one night this week to even make some fried rice, but that might be a bit ambitious as I have to actually find the rest of my dishes.
I'm also getting ready to start up netflix again. We are so far behind in the movies to watch, lol. Although we'll have to watch Netflix for a couple months. So far it looks like the regular postal mail is pretty fast, so it should be worth it. If not, I think we'll have to rely on the local Blockbuster video store and the last time I was in Blockbuster, their prices weren't so great.
The kids are doing well. Arthur keeps asking for a bed, though. He's having to sleep on the floor because of missing bed parts. The kids, as usual, have all sorts of homework that keeps us busy. I don't remember this many family projects when I was in school. They have activities every week. It's a bit exhausting at times having to do the family activities for each kid on top of other things we do. (And in that, read Mom having to do the family activity with said child. Dad likes to act dumb about the activities far too often. :P)
15 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment