11 September 2008

Normal?

It's been six and a half weeks since we arrived here and things are starting to get a semblance of normalcy. My w key on my keyboard refuses to work properly, the kids are back to questioning what they're told, their rooms are a mess, Arthur refuses to take a nap, I'm behind on laundry, and the house is a complete and utter disaster. Yep, that about sums up normal for us. :)

Of course it's anything but at the moment. I'm behind on the laundry because the laundry room is crammed full of boxes and I can't get to the washer and dryer. We received our secondary household shipment on Wednesday. Most of the furniture is in pieces or needs to be re-arranged and I can't unpack much until that is done. I got rid of a bunch of things, filled our truck several times with stuff we got rid of. But, this house has almost no room for storage; I love it anyway, though. It's so much better than our old one in many ways... just lacks big time on storage.

The big bunk bed can't be put together because some brackets are missing and we have no idea what happened to them. Not sure what we are going to do. Only one box was kept for that kind of stuff, all the other boxes were packed and sealed the day before they started taking the furniture apart. For now we have all four boys crammed into a twin bunk bed and Arthur is sleeping on the floor.

Everyone keeps asking me what the next day is like, lol, so here's my Friday outlook: Sunny and bright. Overall, a pleasant and laid back day. I finished a book this morning (I'm sure I'll finish a couple more in between unpacking what I can). Joshua Radin released a new CD entitled Simple Times; I really like Joshua Radin. I was able to download the CD from itunes. I'd much rather have the actual CD, but it just takes so darn long to ship things here and Amazon won't have it available until the 30th of September, so I'll just burn a copy for myself from my download and print out the lyrics to put with the CD later. On top of that, I pulled out one of my writing projects that I deliberately haven't touched in a couple months. I realized I'm definitely around a 750,000 word count for the year so far, re-works and all.

Now, if I could only figure out what I'm supposed to do for dinner with a kitchen crammed full of boxes. Literally. We have access to the fridge. If I really stretch, we can get water from the sink and to the microwave. But no dishes hardly, no food cabinets accessible, lol. At one time I used to be able to live with this adventurous chaos, but not so well anymore. :)

I'm off to get a few more boxes emptied. Hopefully Duane will be in the mood to build some furniture tonight or else it'll all end up on the floor. :)

Weekend plans: Build furniture, unpack, and do some shopping for a few needed things, like a rug for the living room floor. Oh, and unbury the kitchen... hopefully. I'm tired of fast food.

2 comments:

House of Hooligans said...

Did ya get the clothes out of the asher, Amy? *giggling*

Love ya, Chickie,
T

ekatlyte said...

No! They are still in the asher. :( They are so going to stink. That is my biggest goal today. To get to my washer and dryer. But it's kind of that farmer going out to plow his field deal... He heads out to the barn to the tractor but has twenty things he has to do before he can even get to the tractor and before he knows it, it's dark and he still hasn't reached his field.

Amy